From: "Jason Hibbets" <jhibbets redhat com>
To: "Libby Levi" <llevi redhat com>
Cc: osdc-list redhat com
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2011 11:08:57 AM
Subject: Re: [Osdc-list] Points and badges are live

Yes Libby, that is marked as "- display badges on user profile (Stack) /
comments "

We will either kill the badges from that part or go with text only
versions (horizontally).

Jason

Libby Levi wrote:
> impressive list of badges you have there!
>
> Can we get the text of the comments pulled back up under the name of the
> commenter? I mean, I love white space and all, but...
>
> :)

> .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. .
>
> Libby Levi
>
> Red Hat
> Brand Communications + Design
> llevi redhat com
>

> On Jan 24, 2011, at 10:36 AM, Jason Hibbets wrote:
>
> Here is a quick update on the progress we are making on some of the
> items I found and that have been reported. All in all, I think we are
> looking pretty good and I think we'll have the big issues resolved today.
>
> Jason
>

> - a new user gets a notification "newbie badge removed from user" during
> the first few points
> -> In progress
>
> - thumbs are missing from comments
> ->  fixed
>
> - admins do not have the ability to hand out badges
> ->  fixed
>
> - user do not have the ability to rank badges
> ->  fixed
>
> - notification "Sorry, you have reached the maximum number of 10 points
> you can be awarded in one day." appears more than once if you continue
> to earn points
> -> In progress
>
> - some of our rules for badges didn't make it:
> -- a user who is already registered with the site and then logs back in,
> should become a community member instead of a newbie, is awarded 10
> points, and gets a full profile
> -> In progress
>
> -- any user who is registered with the site before midnight on Jan 25th
> should be assigned the Founding Members badge
> ->  fixed
>
> -- any user who has authored content-type article, should get an Author
> badge
> -> In progress (we may have to batch this over night)
>
> - comment form showing "Login or Register to earn points for your
> comments." to logged in users
> -> in trunk
>
> *new tickets*
>
> - display badges on user profile (Stack) / comments
> -> new
>
> - changes to user profile page
> -> new
>
> Jason Hibbets wrote:
>
>> Hi moderators and team,
>> Just a quick update on the changes that went live tonight. The points
>> and badge system is in place, you can read more about it here:
>> http://opensource.com/points-and-badges
>> If you happen to find any bugs, please contact me so that we can get
>> them corrected as soon as possible.
>> Thanks,
>> Jason
>> Here are a few things that I've reported that I've noticed didn't make
>> the transition from development:
>> - a new user gets a notification "newbie badge removed from user"
>> during the first few points
>> - thumbs are missing from comments
> [...]

Project Manager | Brand Communications + Design
Red Hat :: 1801 Varsity Drive :: Raleigh, NC  27606

http://opensource.com -- Where open source multiplies