[Osdc-list] 1-year recap, Education without limits | opensource.com weekly Vol 4, Issue 9

We had a great week on opensource.com, celebrating our 1-year anniversary. Thanks for stopping by and seeing what’s new. Here is a recap of all the things that happened last week as well as all the new articles published.

Two small things that you can do this week to help:

1) Earn some points and vote in this poll: What was your favorite part of the 1-year anniversary celebration? - http://opensource.com/should-be/11/1/tell-us-your-favorite-part-celebration

2) Take our reader survey - http://opensource.com/life/11/1/looking-input-our-first-reader-survey

The opensource.com team wants to provide you with a weekly snapshot about what’s happening on the site and remind you of some of the ways that you can participate. [http://opensource.com/participate]

*Last week’s articles*

Beta points and badge system - by Jason Hibbets
http://opensource.com/should-be/11/1/beta-points-and-badge-system

Reflections on one year of opensource.com - by Jim Whitehurst
http://opensource.com/business/11/1/reflections-one-year-opensourcecom

Matt Jadud: Moderators' Choice Award winner
http://opensource.com/education/11/1/matt-jadud-moderators-choice-award-winner

A State of the Union address delivered the open source way? - by Chris Grams
http://opensource.com/business/11/1/state-union-address-delivered-open-source-way

What does Google's management change say about the open source way? - by Chris Grams
http://opensource.com/business/11/1/what-does-googles-management-change-say-about-open-source-way

State of the Union: Is collaboration boring? - by Melanie Chernoff
http://opensource.com/government/11/1/state-union-collaboration-boring

Twitter giveaway winners
http://opensource.com/2011TwitterGiveaway

Obama bets big on open ed -- with one little catch - by Greg DeKoenigsberg
http://opensource.com/education/11/1/obama-bets-big-oer-one-little-catch

Spotlight on our community - by Jason Hibbets
http://opensource.com/should-be/11/1/spotlight-our-community

Facebook's new sponsored stories feature: Are you ready to be in your favorite companies' ads? - by Ruth Suehle
http://opensource.com/life/11/1/facebooks-new-sponsored-stories-feature-are-you-ready-be-your-favorite-companies-ads

Looking for input: Our first reader survey
http://opensource.com/life/11/1/looking-input-our-first-reader-survey

VIDEO: Education without limits: Why open textbooks are the way forward - by Mike Esser
http://opensource.com/education/11/1/video-education-without-limits-why-open-textbooks-are-way-forward

People's Choice Award winner: Máirín Duffy
http://opensource.com/education/11/1/peoples-choice-award-winner-2010

Best images of 2010 and how to contribute the next one - by Libby Levi
http://opensource.com/life/11/1/best-images-2010-and-how-contribute-next-one

Join us virtually at FUDCon and share your open source story
http://opensource.com/life/11/1/join-us-virtually-fudcon-and-share-your-open-source-story

What is opensource.com? A community for exploring how open source principles like collaboration, transparency, and meritocracy are influencing innovation beyond technology–shaping education, law, business, government, and everyday life.

Project Manager | Brand Communications + Design
Red Hat :: 1801 Varsity Drive :: Raleigh, NC  27606

http://opensource.com -- Where open source multiplies