Re: [Osdc-list] What comes after Rock Star?

After Rock-Star?

Dead Star of course!

/me ducks after this display of macabre humour

On 07/30/2011 05:51 PM, Drew Kwashnak wrote:
Rock Diva?
Platinum Album!

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 8:36 AM, Ruth Suehle <rsuehle redhat com> wrote:

On 07/28/2011 02:13 AM, sankarshan wrote:

Foursquare.com gets the system to hand out badges to users based on an
usage criteria. Admittedly, I've no idea whether those badges have any
value besides a little ego massage and, boasting rights in social
circle. Or, whether they actually encourage more usage.

This particular case of gamification very much works to encourage usage.
There are entire other websites built around badges acquisition (ex:
http://thekruser.com/**foursquare/badges/<http://thekruser.com/foursquare/badges/>).
What I wonder in their case is whether usage drops off once you've acquired
the badges you're likely to acquire. Just from personal use, I know I'm
checking in more frequently when there's something I want to do, like beat a
friend in points or take back a mayorship.

Ruth