Re: [Osdc-list] Unnecessary CAPTCHA check

Lately I've gotten it a time or two as well, and I would hope the site trusts its own admins.

Yeah, this is my point exactly. I'm familiar with Mollom as well as hands-on spam moderation, but there's a fine line between spam protection and legit-user obstruction.

The reputation system you describe seems to be independent of the opensource.com site itself, am I right? This is the part that strikes me as somewhat broken. It shouldn't be any more complicated than "when User has X approved posts, CAPTCHA check will no longer be required."

If you're in contact with Dries Buytaert himself regarding this matter then you're pretty unlimited as far as implementation goes, so long as the idea is sound. You're in the best of hands, so consider my mind at rest ;)