Re: [Osdc-list] shutting off comments at a certain article age

----- Original Message -----
From: "Melanie Chernoff" <melanie redhat com>
To: "Ruth Suehle" <rsuehle redhat com>
Cc: osdc-list redhat com
Sent: Friday, October 7, 2011 3:06:16 PM
Subject: Re: [Osdc-list] shutting off comments at a certain article age

Every comment I've gotten on an article that is over 3 months old has ALWAYS been spam.  So if there's a way to close comments automatically after a certain time period, that sounds like a fantastic idea to me.

I concur. The longer something's been out on the web, the more links and trackbacks it's gotten, the more it's been indexed. Thus, the more likely it is to be on a spammer's radar. And the less likely it is to get new comments, since it's dated.

But +1 to the "as long as it can be automated" condition. I know various blogging tools have this feature, so I'd hazard a guess that it's possible in Drupal somewhere/somehow.

b.