[Osdc-list] updates to mailing list

Community members,

We wanted to let you know that we've recently updated the "about" part of this mailing list...and we'd like your feedback.

You can view the updates here:

or see them below. Let us know what you think and if this is in-line with your expectations for this mailing list.

Regards,
Jason

== about ==
Welcome to the opensource.com community mailing list

This is a place for our readers, writers, moderators and artists to discuss matters concerning opensource.com site development and governance, and otherwise do the work that makes this a community practicing the open source way.

Here we will discuss administrivia and other such topics—the mailing list is not meant to substitute or supplement the discussions that occur on opensource.com. However, the list and archives are open to the general community, as is the open source way.

On this list, you will be able to discuss:

*    Writing opportunities for opensource.com
* Ideas for articles and topics you'd like to see featured on opensource.com * Connecting writers to artists in our community (who might produce Creative Commons-licensed images for articles) * Connecting open source leaders to our community (who might need help writing an engaging article) * Opensource.com community meetups (at open source events, such as conferences)
*    Current and future developments for opensource.com
*    Changes to the way opensource.com is managed
*    Circulation of a weekly "health check" email

We look forward to your participation in the opensource.com community!

Project Manager, Red Hat :: Raleigh, NC