[Osdc-list] Writing opportunity: software quality

Thanks to Leslie Hawthorn for sending this post our way:

A Generation Lost in the Bazaar by Poul-Henning Kamp
http://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=2349257

The posts talks about software quality and references Eric Raymond's book The Cathedral and the Bazaar as well as Frederick P. Brooks's The Design of Design. Kamp concludes with

"One of Brooks's many excellent points is that quality happens only if somebody has the responsibility for it, and that "somebody" can be no more than one single person"

There is a lively conversation there, which, to be honest, I didn't read much of it. However, we're wondering if anyone would like to write a reaction to this article / topic for opensource.com. Let us know.

Thanks,
Jason

Project Manager, Red Hat :: Raleigh, NC