[Osdc-list] Article Opportunity: Open source data mining project

We recently received news about a course in data mining at the University of Houston-Downtown. Professors here are using open resources and data sets to teach various data mining techniques, and have composed an open textbook on the subject.

Link to the course: http://cms.uhd.edu/faculty/chenp/class/4319/project/index.html
Link to the textbook: http://www2.cs.uh.edu/~rmverma/4335/html/index.html

Do any of our community members have expertise in this area? And would someone be willing to help us compose a short piece about this new material?

We'd love to publish your writing. Please let us know.

Bryan