[Osdc-list] New resource: What is open source?

Hello opensource.com friends,

We'd like to announce a new addition to the site in our resource section. We've added a new button to the navigation and a new page called: "What is open source?"

While it is not our intention to "define" the term open source, we have discovered that many visitors come to opensource.com looking for this information. So a few members of the opensource.com team started gathering material from around the web, and put together this resource for our visitors.

The page is designed for an audience that is unfamiliar with open source. So as you read it, keep that in mind. Is this something you could give to your non-tech savvy friends? And would this shed some light for them? Lead them to an open source future?

We'd like your reaction. Feedback. Our goal was to keep it simple and basic, yet provide a starting point to understanding open source. Let us know what you think.

http://opensource.com/resources/what-open-source

Regards,
Jason
Project Manager, Red Hat :: Raleigh, NC