Re: [Osdc-list] New resource: What is open source?

On 11/01/2012 02:35 PM, marbux wrote:

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Jason Hibbets <jhibbets redhat com
<mailto:jhibbets redhat com>> wrote:

    Hello opensource.com <http://opensource.com> friends,

    We'd like to announce a new addition to the site in our resource
    section. We've added a new button to the navigation and a new page
    called: "What is open source?"

Depends on the sophistication of the target audience but there are
plenty of people out there who don't know what "source code" is. For
that demographic, you might consider providing a clue near the top.Â

Page reads great for those who do understand that distinction.Â

Best regards,

Paul

Thanks for the feedback Paul. We'll probably find a definition of source code that is fitting for this audience and either link to it or find a way to incorporate it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Jason

Project Manager, Red Hat :: Raleigh, NC