[Osdc-list] Weekly opensource.com update 10/9

Here is your weekly snapshot from opensource.com. We're happy to share some of the metrics that we track with our community. We're really excited about some of our social media milestones. Thanks for following liking, favoriting retweeting, etc.

Your feedback on this report is welcome! We will evolve and change it to make it as useful as possible for our community. And thank you for sharing your favorite content on Twitter, identi.ca, Google+, Facebook, HackerNews, Reddit, and many other places!

== From 9/29 - 10/5 ==
Page Views: 27,131 (last week 25,908)
New registered users: 21 (last week 15)
Comments: 35 (last week 26)

Twitter: 8,039 (+72) <-- w00t!, more than 8k
Facebook: 4,014 (+23) <-- w00t! x2 more than 4k

*Top 5 posts* (page views)
What to do about the "patent troll" problem  (1,573)
http://opensource.com/law/12/9/what-do-about-patent-troll-problem

What's holding back mainstream Drupal adoption? (1,314)
http://opensource.com/business/12/10/whats-holding-back-mainstream-drupal-adoption

OpenStreetMap makes first open map of the world (1,234)
http://opensource.com/life/12/10/openstreetmap-first-open-map-world

Hacking on code and culture: Failure as validated learning (1,044)
http://opensource.com/government/12/10/hacking-code-and-culture

California passes groundbreaking open textbook legislation (840)
http://opensource.com/education/12/10/california-passes-groundbreaking-open-textbook-legislation

Project Manager, Red Hat :: Raleigh, NC