[Osdc-list] Weekly opensource.com update 10/16

Here is your weekly snapshot from opensource.com. We're happy to share some of the metrics that our team tracks with our community members.

Your feedback on this report is welcome! We will evolve and change it to make it as useful as possible for our community. And thank you for sharing your favorite content on Twitter, identi.ca, Google+, Facebook, HackerNews, Reddit, and many other places!

== From 10/6 - 10/12 ==
Page Views: 30,361 (last week 27,131)
New registered users: 14 (last week 21)
Comments: 47 (last week 35)

Twitter: 8094 (+55)
Facebook: 4061 (+47)
*new* Google +1's: 118

*Top 5 posts* (page views)
1) Scratch, a programming language for kids (2,981)
http://opensource.com/education/12/10/scratch-programming-language-kids

2) What's holding back mainstream Drupal adoption? (2,643)
http://opensource.com/business/12/10/whats-holding-back-mainstream-drupal-adoption

3) OpenStreetMap makes first open map of the world (2,176)
http://opensource.com/life/12/10/openstreetmap-first-open-map-world

4) California passes groundbreaking open textbook legislation (1,612)
http://opensource.com/education/12/10/california-passes-groundbreaking-open-textbook-legislation

5) Software patents make front page of New York Times (859)
http://opensource.com/law/12/10/software-patents-make-front-page-new-york-times

Project Manager, Red Hat :: Raleigh, NC