[Osdc-list] eBooks | soft launch | feedback

Hello friends of opensource.com,

I must first apologize. I've been meaning to send this email for a few days but had a few others things pop-up, I took a little R&R, and well, now, here we are.

The opensource.com team has been working hard on putting together a new resource for our community. What started out as "content bundles" are now our first iteration of eBooks. You can see the first two here:

http://opensource.com/resources/ebooks

The subject says soft launch because we're in the middle of gathering feedback about the eBooks. We first contacted each author and have collected their comments. Now, we'd like to get your thoughts and suggestion.

And the reason I want to apologize is that ideally, we prefer that you hear about this from us. We definitely do not want you to be surprised about some of the things the team is working on. It looks like our friends at Mind Touch we're so excited that they published this blog post:

http://www.mindtouch.com/blog/2012/10/18/new-ebook-open-minded-ceos-an-expose-of-open-source-revolutionaries/

If you'd like to provide any feedback, please feel free to reply to the thread or jump on over the the site and add your comments:
http://opensource.com/community/12/10/soft-launch-our-open-voices-ebooks

Thanks. We look forward to hearing from you,
Jason
Project Manager, Red Hat :: Raleigh, NC