[Osdc-list] Weekly opensource.com update 10/23

Here is your weekly snapshot from opensource.com. We're happy to share some of the metrics that our team tracks with our community members.

Your feedback on this report is welcome! We will evolve and change it to make it as useful as possible for our community. And thank you for sharing your favorite content on Twitter, identi.ca, Google+, Facebook, HackerNews, Reddit, and many other places!

== From 10/13 - 10/19 ==
Page Views: 27,359 (last week 30,361)
New registered users: 25 (last week 14)
Comments: 43 (last week 47)

Twitter: 8167 (+73)
Facebook: 4109 (+48)
Google +1's: 131 (+13)

*Top 5 posts* (page views)
1) Open source in U.S. government in five minutes
http://opensource.com/government/12/10/open-source-us-government-five-minutes (1865)

2) Scratch, a programming language for kids
http://opensource.com/education/12/10/scratch-programming-language-kids (1723)

3) Education is the new oil that will drive the information revolution (1,085)
http://opensource.com/12/10/education-new-oil-will-drive-information-revolution

4) Software patents make front page of New York Times (906)
http://opensource.com/law/12/10/software-patents-make-front-page-new-york-times

5) Lightworks for Linux: The developer's story (880)
http://opensource.com/business/12/10/lightworks-linux-developers-story

Project Manager, Red Hat :: Raleigh, NC