[Osdc-list] Recent Clay Shirky talk, On The Internet, Democracy Is NOT Guaranteed

The following is another great Clay Shirky TED talk: "On The Internet, Democracy Is NOT Guaranteed"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CEN4XNth61o#!

He provides great historical information and explanations of open source and how it works, and concludes with: "Collaboration works." [ ] "The question for us now is, are we going to let the programmers keep it to themselves or are we going to try and take it and press it into service for society."

Beverly