Re: [Ovirt-devel] [RFC] Beginnings of a OVirt API

Jeff Schroeder wrote:
On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 6:20 PM, Perry N. Myers <pmyers redhat com> wrote:
Jeff Schroeder wrote:
On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 5:00 PM, David Lutterkort <dlutter redhat com>
wrote:
...snip...
  Is there a need for a CLI client for interactive use that lets you
  avoid using a browser ? Not sure how important that is.
It would be really nice. Not everyone wants to write everything in ruby.
People could just write additional bindings for the API, say in Python or
whatever.  The only reason for an interactive CLI that avoids the browser
would be for scripting in bash, right?

yessir

I suppose that some folks will want to script things in bash, but I truly hope that in real production environments that's not what gets used.

In any case it might be useful to have a true CLI that can be scripted similar to how virsh works. We can add it to the list of things to do, and of course if someone out there wants to try their hand and doing this, we'd love to see some patches :)