[Ovirt-devel] virt-viewer plugin integration issues

Chris Lalancette clalance at redhat.com
Fri Aug 22 07:12:39 UTC 2008

Perry N. Myers wrote:
> Dan you mentioned just falling back and using straight vnc plugin since we
> don't need the vnc port lookup since oVirt Server has that info.  That
> doesn't work for when Node is in standalone mode with no server...  And
> besides in standalone mode libvirt has to do digest-md5 since we have no
> kerberos infrastructure in that mode.

One thought.  You *can* setup libvirt to do completely unencrypted tcp
communication; you just need to set up libvirtd.conf properly.  So maybe we can
just do that in standalone mode, and bypass the digest-md5 thing altogether?
Since we aren't ever leaving the local node with the traffic, we really
shouldn't have a security concern.  Then (I think) we would be able to use the
VNC plugin.

Chris Lalancette