Re: [Ovirt-devel] Migration testing

Chris Lalancette wrote:
Jeff Schroeder wrote:
On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 1:45 AM, Chris Lalancette <clalance redhat com> wrote:
Hello,
    I did some end-to-end migration testing with all of the new stuff today.
Everything seemed to work (at least, the parts that I could test).  I was able
to test clicking on an individual VM, and saying "migrate", which worked.  I was
also able to test clicking on a host, and saying "Clear Host" (that wording
could be better).  I was not able to test "migrate to a particular machine",
because the WUI didn't show any machines in that dialog box.  There's a bug in
there somewhere.
For the wording of "Clear Host", how about something like, "Mark for Downtime"?
Perhaps that isn't much better.

Actually, that is far superior (if not perfect).  "Clear Host" could mean
basically anything; at least "Mark for Downtime" gives a hint of what it does.
"Migrate all running VMs off of this host" is what it really means, but that may
be a little wordy for a button label.

Chris Lalancette
We should update this in conjunction with the similarly-confusing "disable host" -- Currently, "disable host" leaves existing VMs alone but marks the host as unavailable for new VMs/migrations. "Clear host" starts with a "disable host" operation and _then_ migrates the VMs off.

So we need one label that indicates "mark host to prevent starting new VMs" (i.e. disable) and another that says "Mark for downtime and migrate all VMs"

Scott