[Ovirt-devel] Re: Default configuration for a new managed node...

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Wed Aug 27 17:44:15 UTC 2008

+++ Chris Lalancette [27/08/08 19:35 +0200]:
>Hm, Alan is the expert here, but I thought we already did that.  There was
>something like "defaultdb" or something that was set up for this, and it already
>pulled the default configuration down.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you
>mean, though.

What we have now is a hardcoded configuration file that gets sent down to all
managed nodes on startup. The new controller, though, is replacing having an
actual file on disk that gets pulled: instead, it generates the configuration
at request time.

So I _could_ have the generator return that configuration if it's given a mac
address that's not in the database. But I think we should be sure that's the
right thing to do.

--
Darryl L. Pierce, Sr. Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. - http://www.redhat.com/