[Ovirt-devel] Re: Default configuration for a new managed node...

+++ Chris Lalancette [27/08/08 19:35 +0200]:
Hm, Alan is the expert here, but I thought we already did that.  There was
something like "defaultdb" or something that was set up for this, and it already
pulled the default configuration down.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you
mean, though.

What we have now is a hardcoded configuration file that gets sent down to all
managed nodes on startup. The new controller, though, is replacing having an
actual file on disk that gets pulled: instead, it generates the configuration
at request time.

So I _could_ have the generator return that configuration if it's given a mac
address that's not in the database. But I think we should be sure that's the
right thing to do.
--
Darryl L. Pierce, Sr. Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. - http://www.redhat.com/