[Ovirt-devel] Re: Configurable options for a Nic

+++ Scott Seago [27/08/08 14:19 -0400]:
So, in order to prefill a NIC, we'll need a "New" button on this page as well as the ability to edit and verify the mac address, yes? Should we be able to
edit the other macs?
Well the 'new host' form would be a bit of a special case. We'd only be able to fill in the MAC address for the management nic -- everything else would be blank (not sure about hostname, as I believe we'd need something there...)

There's no hostname column in nics: that's in hosts. Unless that's what you
were referring to.

So that wouldn't come up on this form. In fact, I don't imagine you'd be able to edit the usage type -- unless the WUI is the place to redefine the management nic, etc. I'm not sure what the use case is for editing this field or adding/removing NICs or editing MACs.

Yeah, given that we can't control which NIC is the management one on the
machine, does it even make sense to have that in the DB at all?

--
Darryl L. Pierce, Sr. Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. - http://www.redhat.com/