Re: [Ovirt-devel] Trouble on oVirt installation.

Atsushi SAKAI wrote:
Hi.

My Colleage try to install oVirt.
oVirt installation itself seems done.
But oVirt does not control a domain.
Would you give me a advice?

=================
I made the procedure from Chapter4 to 5.2.3 in
http://ovirt.org/docs/Using_oVirt/
but I can't start a virtual machine.

Error message "Action invalid for these VMs:" came out in the Virtual
Machine Action Results display,
when I click the Actions option on the toolbar and select start.

Why is it happen?
Would you give me a advice to starting a VM?

Hello. The VM could fail to start for a few reasons. It will fail to start if there are not enough resources on a running oVirt Node to host the VM. So...

How big is the VM you are trying to start (RAM, vCPUs)
How many oVirt Nodes do you have running and how much RAM/CPU does each Node have? Are the oVirt Nodes in the hardware pool that the VM Pool is a child of? (are the nodes in default hardware pool, and your vms are in a subpool of default?)

If it's not a resource problem, can you provide me with the log files in /var/log/ovirt-wui on the appliance server?

Thanks!