[Ovirt-devel] How to fix "500 internal server error"?

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 08:42:52 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 8:09 AM, Jia Dong <jdong at redhat.com> wrote:

> Jia Dong wrote:
>
>> Hey guys,
>>   I got a problem.
>>   I deleted "default" hardware pool several days before. And I had to
>> reinstall ovirt. I got a prompt "500 internal server error" today. After
>> refreshing,I can not login to UI. It prompt "We're sorry,but something went
>> wrong." I think it may be caused by trying to rename the "default" hardware
>> pool.
>>  How can I fix this? Must I reinstall it?
>>  Did this action just destroy UI or virtualization configuration ?
>>  Some other peoples also met this problem. Would ovirt buddies give a
>> feature about resetting?  :-)
>>
>  And there are messages in virt-viewer:
>     EXT3-fs error (device sda2):etx3_add_entry : bad entry in directory in
> directory #1141426 : rec_len is smaller than minimal
> - offset=0 ,inode=0,rec_len=0,name_len=0

Jia, is that  F-10 ?
I just saw in my F10 dmesg output:
EXT3-fs error (device sda2): htree_dirblock_to_tree: bad entry in directory
#265106: rec_len is smaller than minimal - offset=0, inode=0, rec_len=0,
name_len=0
EXT3-fs error (device sda2): htree_dirblock_to_tree: bad entry in directory
#265110: rec_len is smaller than minimal - offset=0, inode=0, rec_len=0,
name_len=0

On firstboot, I got PostgreSQL DB initialized, but psql failed with weird
error:
psql: FATAL:  catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid 2662

restarting postgres failed, in pg_log:
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress
LOG:  record with zero length at 0/49AD98
LOG:  redo is not required
FATAL:  could not access status of transaction 1
DETAIL:  Could not open file "pg_multixact/offsets/0000": No such file or
directory.
LOG:  startup process (PID 6547) exited with exit code 1
LOG:  aborting startup due to startup process failure

This all looks like a bad corruption somewhere. As a sanity check, I'll do
F9 build now.