[Ovirt-devel] How to fix "500 internal server error"?

Jia Dong jdong at redhat.com
Tue Dec 2 09:08:53 UTC 2008

Alan Pevec wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 8:09 AM, Jia Dong <jdong at redhat.com
> <mailto:jdong at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     Jia Dong wrote:
>
>         Hey guys,
>           I got a problem.
>           I deleted "default" hardware pool several days before. And I
>         had to reinstall ovirt. I got a prompt "500 internal server
>         error" today. After refreshing,I can not login to UI. It
>         prompt "We're sorry,but something went wrong." I think it may
>         be caused by trying to rename the "default" hardware pool.
>          How can I fix this? Must I reinstall it?
>          Did this action just destroy UI or virtualization configuration ?
>          Some other peoples also met this problem. Would ovirt buddies
>         give a feature about resetting?  :-)
>
>      And there are messages in virt-viewer:
>         EXT3-fs error (device sda2):etx3_add_entry : bad entry in
>     directory in directory #1141426 : rec_len is smaller than minimal
>     - offset=0 ,inode=0,rec_len=0,name_len=0
>

> Jia, is that  F-10 ?
> I just saw in my F10 dmesg output:
> EXT3-fs error (device sda2): htree_dirblock_to_tree: bad entry in
> directory #265106: rec_len is smaller than minimal - offset=0,
> inode=0, rec_len=0, name_len=0
> EXT3-fs error (device sda2): htree_dirblock_to_tree: bad entry in
> directory #265110: rec_len is smaller than minimal - offset=0,
> inode=0, rec_len=0, name_len=0
>
> On firstboot, I got PostgreSQL DB initialized, but psql failed with
> weird error:
> psql: FATAL:  catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid 2662
>
> restarting postgres failed, in pg_log:
> LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery
> in progress
> LOG:  record with zero length at 0/49AD98
> LOG:  redo is not required
> FATAL:  could not access status of transaction 1
> DETAIL:  Could not open file "pg_multixact/offsets/0000": No such file
> or directory.
> LOG:  startup process (PID 6547) exited with exit code 1
> LOG:  aborting startup due to startup process failure
>
> This all looks like a bad corruption somewhere. As a sanity check,
> I'll do F9 build now.

Hi Alan,
   I ran it on F9.
   How did you install it on F10?  I tried to install it on F10 this
morning, and got a message that there was no packages for F10.Or you
built sources on F10?
   I guess there are maybe  something unrecognize on F10.
   Now, if these errors appear, I have to reinstall ovirt again and
again.   T_T
   Waiting for any good solution.