Re: [Ovirt-devel] help

Hadi Al-Saadi wrote:

Dear ovirt

i have a problem

cant load guest O/S after creating image thru
cobbler image add --name=ubuntu-64-2 --file=nfs://$(hostname)/cobblernfs/Fedora-9-i386-DVD.iso

when i choose from the drop list my image.. it queued it and after a while it give filed in the status from ovirt .

Please provide logs from the appliance and the Nodes that you have booted. /var/log/ovirt-server/* on the appliance and /var/log/ovirt.log on the Nodes.

second  problem

from the host itself i was ably to run x86_64 O/S with kvm thru the command
kvm-qemu-system-x86_64

I don't know what that command is. There is qemu-system-x86_64 which is used to emulate x86_64 without using hardware virtualization. But we don't support that, since emulation is too slow to be practical.

We require hardware virtualization. Hardware virtualization support is provided by the processor (either Intel VT or AMD-V). And there are 32 and 64 bit processors that have this capability.

If your processor is 64-bit and has VT or AMD-V then you can run the 64-bit version of the oVirt Node or a 64-bit version of a Linux OS (Ubuntu or Fedora) on it. In this case, your host OS can run virtual machines that are either 32 or 64 bit with full hardware assist.

If your processor is 32 bit and has VT or AMD-V then you can only run the 32 bit version of the oVirt Node or host OS. This means you can only run 32 bit virtual machines with full hardware assist. If you try to run a 64 bit virtual machine it will have to be fully emulated since a 32 bit host cannot normally run a 64 bit guest.

If you have a 64 bit processor but you have installed a 32 bit OS or the 32 bit Node, then you will only be able to run 32 bit guests. In this case, re-install your host with the x86_64 version of the OS or Node.