[Ovirt-devel] port forwarding

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Thu Dec 18 14:01:30 UTC 2008

Hadi Al-Saadi wrote:

> HI,
>

> ssh tunnelling  done fine, i can access ovirt wui from deferent LAN. but
> when i try to open console in wui ovirt  from the browser it asking
> plug-in, that only run under linux not windows.
> what the solution for this to run that plug-in in my laptop, for support
> mozilla and microsoft explorer 7

There are two plugins required for oVirt.  The first is a flash plugin.  I
believe we've gotten things in the oVirt UI to work correctly with Adobe
Flash 9 and 10.  If you use version 10, you can use the x86_64 version if
you have an x86_64 host OS.

The second plugin is virt-viewer-plugin.  Instructions for installing this
are available at:

http://ovirt.org/install-instructions.html

This plugin allows you to use the "Open Console" link in the vm details pane.

Note, this all works from Firefox 3 in Fedora 9 and 10 hosts.  We don't
yet support Internet Explorer or Firefox on Windows, though it is on our
roadmap to get this supported.

Perry