[Ovirt-devel] Re: SELInux failure after install

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Mon Dec 22 15:22:35 UTC 2008

Bryan Kearney wrote:
>> I am trying out the puppet bare metal installer. It runs clean using
>> the latest bits from the ovirt 10 repo. I can log into the server
>> suite and into cobbler.
>>
>> When I shutdown, and restart the image.. I get the following failure
>> at the console:
>>
>> http://bkearney.fedorapeople.org/selinux.png
>>
>> I am going to keep digging into it.. but wanted to see if this was a
>> known issue or not.
>>
>> -- bk
>>
> Ok.. the installer does not disable SELinux, but the appliance does. Is
> the preferred state to be run selinux disabled? I would assume not.

We've been running the appliance w/ SELinux disabled just because we
haven't had time to work through all of the issues that will come up when
we enable it.

However this is not a long term strategy.  The bare metal installer and
the appliance both need to eventually work with SELinux properly.

I suggest that we release the bare metal installer with a caveat that
SELinux must be disabled as a first pass.  And then immediately start
working on resolving any SELinux issues so that we can enable it properly.

Perry