[Ovirt-devel] Install issue on fresh F10

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Mon Dec 29 18:06:29 UTC 2008

Philippe Rodrigues wrote:
>>> Qemu package solve the problem for me until I had '500 Internal Server
>>> Error' ;-)
>>> Physical-node is available (disable). Screenshot in attachment.
>> Enabled/Disabled is a user configurable option for hosts.
>> Available/Unavailable indicates whether the host is running and accessible
>> or not.
>>
>> You can toggle the status of a host from Enabled to Disabled by clicking
>> on the Disable Host button in the host details pane.  If you want to
>> re-enable this host just click on the Enable Host button in the host
>> details pane.
>>
>>> Uninstalling qemu do not change anything :
>>> 1. libvirt-qpid error in /var/log/messages
>>> Dec 29 12:23:31 physical libvirt-qpid: Error: virConnectGetVersion
>>> Subsystem qemu: internal error Cannot find QEMU binary /usr/bin/qemu: No
>>> such file or directory in\
>>>  NodeWrap.cpp:NodeWrap:82 code: 1
>> I'm confused... You say that qemu packages solved the problem for you, but
>> then you say that you still get the libvirt-qpid error in
>> /var/log/messages.  I'm not sure from your description here what state
>> your computer is in.
>>
>> Do you have the qemu package installed on the host?  Or is it uninstalled?
>>   Do you get the above error in /var/log/messages when the qemu package is
>> installed, uninstalled, or both?
>>

> No qemu package is uninstalled
>
> [root at physical phr]# rpm -qa | grep qemu
> qemu-img-0.9.1-10.fc10.i386

Ok.  You said that installing the qemu package fixes the problem, so
please reinstall it until we can figure out why libvirt-qpid requires that
package on your host.  The person (Ian) who will be able to help with that
is out of the office until next week, so for now install the qemu package
and we'll see next week how to resolve this in the long term.

>>> 2. ovirt-appliance 500 Internal Server Error
>> Also confused about this.  You say that the appliance is giving you a 500
>> Internal Server Error, but then below you post a screen shot from the
>> appliance web interface.  Can you get to the web interface or not?
>>
>>> In attachment tar log of the appliance so you can see if any error.
>>> I don't know if 'Internal Server Error' is due to libvirt-qpid or maybe
>>> a miss configuration I made!
>> An HTTP 500 error would not be related to libvirt-qpid at all.
>>

> Sorry, it's not an HTTP error but an ovirt-appliance message (screenshot
> in attachment)

Ok, I understand now.  Not sure why that error is appearing, but I have
seen it myself as well.  I don't think it's anything serious though since
it didn't seem to adversely affect anything I was doing.

Scott or Jay should be able to help diagnose the 500 error when they get
back from vacation.

Thanks,

Perry