[Ovirt-devel] Some architecture diagrams

Bryan W Clark bclark at redhat.com
Tue Feb 19 18:27:29 UTC 2008

Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 10:48:02AM -0500, Mike Langlie wrote:
>
>> Daniel Veillard wrote:
>>
>>>  Hum, it's better to have different shape for domain and host (the
>>>  physical
>>> machine) I used rounded corners for domains, I think it helps.
>>>  As others have reported there is some missing names.
>>>  the arrows indicating the network are dark grey on black, you don't
>>> see it unless you know what to look for

>>>  Well it was my way to indicate the hypervisor/domain 0/ i.e. the base OS
>>> on the managed Nodes
>>>  And the blue arrow is the provisionning from the console domain, which is
>>> why the blue arrow were one way

>>>  that's easy to add later, a standard disk shape connected to the network
>>> should be sufficient.
>>>
>>> Daniel
>>>

>> How's this one: warmer or colder?
>>

>   Quite better, but of course I have a few problems left (remember,
> I'm french !):
>     - there are strange white artefacts on the side of the blue line
>       going into Admin Node

That's to give some visual separation as the line goes inside the admin
node, I don't think there's a problem with that.
>     - the blue arrow into the admin node makes no sense, hypervisors
>       are downloaded from it, it's one way, not two ways
>     - I don't understand the two white lines cutting the bottom blue line
>     - the arrows and lines represneting the network are dark gey on a black
>       background and hence nearly invisible

I think you're looking at this image with an invisible (square block) or
black background. You need to place the image on a white background.
(with eog, go to preferences and set the background)  There is no
background set for the png though it obviously assumes a while
background in a few places as you can see by the white cutting the blue;
which looks normal on a while background.

~ Bryan