[Ovirt-devel] Some architecture diagrams

Scott Seago sseago at redhat.com
Fri Feb 15 15:53:08 UTC 2008

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

>> Two questions:
>>
>> (1) Can we make it so 'yum install ovirt' on an existing Fedora machine
>> pulls down enough software so that ovirt WUI can start up?
>>

> Probably can for F9 - FreeIPA rpms should be going into F9. We can add
> ovirt RPMs to F9 too, so the whole thing should be yum installable.
> Would need to document / provide a setup script for the post-install
> config steps - eg the postgresql database.

Although if we go ahead with providing the auth and permissions disabled
mode, we wouldn't want FreeIPA to be a package dependency -- on top of
that we wouldn't want to depend on that at the package level since
FreeIPA would still be on a different guest/host in some instances.

However, this non-security mode will make the 'yum install ovirt' case
even easier than FreeIPA RPMs since all you'd need to do to run the WUI
is to disable the kerberos auth and set the "turn security off" config
param (and the standard db setup, etc. of course).

Scott