[Ovirt-devel] Some architecture diagrams

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Tue Feb 19 18:23:14 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 10:48:02AM -0500, Mike Langlie wrote:
> Daniel Veillard wrote:
> >  Hum, it's better to have different shape for domain and host (the
> >  physical
> >machine) I used rounded corners for domains, I think it helps.
> >  As others have reported there is some missing names.
> >  the arrows indicating the network are dark grey on black, you don't
> >see it unless you know what to look for
> >

> >>That's prettier but I don't know what the blue hexagon is? Also, yeah,
> >>

> >  Well it was my way to indicate the hypervisor/domain 0/ i.e. the base OS
> >on the managed Nodes
> >  And the blue arrow is the provisionning from the console domain, which is
> >why the blue arrow were one way
> >

> >>we need to show the storage server...
> >>

> >  that's easy to add later, a standard disk shape connected to the network
> >should be sufficient.
> >
> >Daniel
> >

> How's this one: warmer or colder?

  Quite better, but of course I have a few problems left (remember,
I'm french !):
    - there are strange white artefacts on the side of the blue line
      going into Admin Node
    - the blue arrow into the admin node makes no sense, hypervisors
      are downloaded from it, it's one way, not two ways
    - I don't understand the two white lines cutting the bottom blue line
    - the arrows and lines represneting the network are dark gey on a black
      background and hence nearly invisible

 thanks !

Daniel