[Ovirt-devel] hardware monitoring support?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Jul 3 14:20:12 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 09:32:12AM -0400, Subhendu Ghosh wrote:
> Are there plans to provide sufficient infrastructure for 3rd party hardware
> monitoring agents with oVirt hypervisor layer?

The general purpose oVirt host image has tight space constraints which
mean that we've stripped the pacakge set installed right back to the bare
minimum needed to support oVirt, and we also prune files on a blacklist
post-install. So adding extra 3rd party software is not really an option
for the general image.

If you had a need for extra software though it would be possible to use
the livecd tools to build a custom host image at a larger size, containing
the extra packages desired.

Daniel