[Ovirt-devel] Managed Node qpid Modeling

Ian Main imain at redhat.com
Thu Jul 10 18:18:31 UTC 2008

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 13:39:26 -0400
Bryan Kearney <bkearney at redhat.com> wrote:

> Ian Main wrote:
> > On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 06:59:53 -0400
> > Bryan Kearney <bkearney at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> >> This seems to combine state with RPC syntax. Any way of breaking those
> >> out into seperate schemas?
> >>
> >> -- bk
> >
> > The idea is that this creates a kind of OO model of the node/domains etc.  I'm not sure I see the advantage to splitting the properties out.. ?
> >

> Clarity about is required. How much of the node data is actually
> required for anything but the heartbeat?

Actually I have been thinking.. there are actually two aspects to what is needed here.  One is to implement the task queue like taskomatic does now, the other is to keep the database updated with information about the nodes.

Taskomatic does use that information at times but the idea there was to parallelize it (multi thread/process).  However we only need one process updating the database so splitting out the properties could work and could be handled separately.

Something to think about..

	Ian