[Ovirt-devel] [Patch] oVirt Autobuild

Mohammed Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Tue Jul 22 18:10:27 UTC 2008

Hugh O. Brock wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 09:24:36PM -0400, Mohammed Morsi wrote:
>
>> Mohammed Morsi wrote:
>>
>> Attached is an updated patch that contains the necessary changes to the
>> auto-build script, and developer kickstart file (among others) to get
>> the 2nd stage of the build process working on the newly created ovirt
>> appliance. Parameters such as hostname and mailing list used in the 2nd
>> stage build cycle can be set via a sysconfig file which resides in
>> wui/conf/ovirt-autobuild (/etc/sysconfig/ovirt-autobuild when
>> installed). I've also added a wget check to the 1st stage autobuild
>> script that attempts to retrieve the main page of the site running on
>> the new appliance but wget doesn't handle the required authentication
>> and all thats coming back is a "401 Authorization Required" (not sure if
>> this is sufficient to say that the appliance install succeed and the
>> site is up).
>>
>>   -Mo
>>

> Unfortunately that doesn't test the most critical bit, which is "the
> site is up and kerberos was configured correctly."
>
> I believe either wget or curl will do kerb auth, will it not? If we
> have to use firefox to test then we need to get into the browser
> automation stuff.
>
> Take care,
> --Hugh

Attached is a patch to my autobuild script that verifies the site is up
and running on the appliance. Also included is a small change to Mark's
Stats utility which changes the data source to
/var/lib/collectd/rrd-test when rails is set to the 'test' environment.
We can now add some fixed test data to that directory to use in demoing,
testing, etc.

   -Mo