[Ovirt-devel] [Patch] Test System Updates

Mohammed Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Wed Jul 23 18:26:58 UTC 2008

Attached is a patch containing my updates to oVirt for new testing stuff
so far. Included are

1. autobuild.sh script, incorporating suggestions made by Hugh, Jim, and
others.

2. common-pkgs.ks, I had to add the autobuild packages here since
build-all.sh uses pungi and this kickstart to generate the repo from
which the appliance installs packages

3. wui-devel.ks, changes to the wui developer appliance kickstart to get
the 2nd stage autobuild working

4. ovirt-autobuild, place in /etc/sysconfig on the host and set values
accordingly to what you need set in the second stage auto-build.conf

5. application.rb, since rake test doesn't go through httpd to run the
unit / functional tests, we need to set a fixed user that doesn't depend
on kerberos to run all the tests under

6. StatsData.rb, change to Mark's Stats utility that sets the data
source to a demo/test directory when the rails environment is in test mode

7. demo-rrd-data.rb, a small ruby script I wrote to generate a kickstart
file containing demo/test rrd data collected from the local
/var/lib/collectd/rrd dir. I have a data kickstart file generated from
my local data, ready to be added to the repo to automatically add some
test data to the wui appliance when its created, but its pretty large
(eg ~105MB) and I didn't want to clutter up anyone's email (or make the
initial pull from the ovirt repo take forever). Perhaps at some point we
can truncate this to give us a little less data.

   -Mo