[Ovirt-devel] oVirt rrd data generator tool

Mohammed Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Thu Jul 31 18:28:10 UTC 2008

Mohammed Morsi wrote:
> Attached is my first draft of a small script to generate rrd demo /
> test data for oVirt. Its not complete yet and needs a bit of work, but
> I'm sending it out to share my approach to it, where I'm at, and get
> any feedback.
>
>   -Mo

Attached is an updated script to generate test / demo rrd data. On first
glance it seems to work nicely, as the rrd commands execute w/ out
errors and target files are created and populated, but I am having a bit
of trouble retrieving data via rrdtool fetch. For that matter, I can't
seem to be able to recieve any rrd data when I try to fetch any rrd db
on my system. If it isn't too much of a bother I was wondering if anyone
could try giving it a whirl (simply "ruby demo-rrd-data.rb") and tell me
what you get, or perhaps if you notice any glaring mistakes.

I came up w/ the command to generate the rrd files by viewing the output
of 'rrdtool info' on the collectd-generated rrd databases on my
localsystem, though there is some slight discrepancies between the
'rrdtool info' output of the existing and newly generated rrd files.

  Thanks alot,
    Mo