[Patch] Re: [Ovirt-devel] oVirt testing

Scott Seago sseago at redhat.com
Thu Jun 5 16:56:02 UTC 2008

Scott Seago wrote:

>>> 1.  In the "Host" tab, it displays a list of hosts; good.  However,
>>> when I check
>>> a few of them and say "Delete", it doesn't actually do anything.
>>>
> 1) "delete" should be "remove" -- I need to fix that -- it's supposed
> to move them to the 'default' pool.
> 2) are you in the 'default' pool when you're doing this? Maybe we
> should hide this button for the default pool, as it doesn't do
> anything useful
label fixed; hidden for 'default' pool

>>> 5.  There are way too many "Are you sure?" popup boxes in the WUI.
>>> Just a
>>> personal preference, but unless an action is undoable, you don't
>>> need a popup
>>> box (they just get annoying).
>>
> Two types of popups here:
> 1) "Are you sure?" popups
> 2) passive confirmations after the action
>
> For the "are you sure" popups, they're mostly used for delete and
> similar actions (cancel tasks, etc.) which are not undoable. I've
> noted one exception (disable host) that I need to fix.

removed 'are you sure' for 'disable host'. I left them for the various
delete operations. obj creation confirmation popups will be replaced by
inline notice messages, but not immediately.

>>> 6.  Clicking the "Refresh" Button on a storage pool doesn't seem to
>>> do anything
>>> (at least, it didn't add a new task to the database).
> I need to look into this. it should add a new task, but we have no UI
> to show this, so I may not have tested it properly.
How did you test this? When  I tried it on a storage pool, I did see a
new task added to the db. Nothing in the UI will show this though, as we
don't (yet) have a task display. Any server/javascript errors?

>>> 7.  Clicking on the "Delete" button on the lower part of the Storage
>>> page for a
>>> storage pool doesn't seem to do anything; however, checking the
>>> storage pool and
>>> clicking "Delete" on the upper part of the page does work.
OK, this one is basically working for me. 'delete' button deleted it,
and the grid refreshed. The existing bug, described below, is here too
of course.
>>> 8.  After deleting a storage pool, the summary for the now deleted
>>> storage pool
>>> is still on the lower part of the page; that should probably be
>>> blanked out.
>>>
> This one is also a known issue -- I hadn't gotten around to fixing it
> yet. Lower priority than the 'delete doesn't work' bits, but hopefully
> I can track it down quickly
Not yet, but I can look at this next...

>>> 9.  There's both a "Delete" button and "Remove" button on the
>>> Storage tab;
>>> Delete does what it says, while Remove seems to do nothing.  I'm not
>>> sure what
>>> the distinction between them is.
>> The design aims to make the distinction clearer.  Check out fig. 9d >
>> http://devserv.devel.redhat.com/~tallen/design/
>> I think this was a post-summit improvement also.  Scott?
> This is for later -- we will put them together in a small dialog. The
> distinction, though, is analogous to the add vs. create one. "Delete"
> makes it go away, and "remove" moves it to 'default'
> You might have been in the 'default' pool when you tried this --
> again, we should probably hide this button in 'default'.

Hidden now.

Patch attached for the above, as well as showing the new host state field.
Scott