[Ovirt-devel] Limiting node writes...

Alan Pevec apevec at redhat.com
Wed Jun 25 14:40:30 UTC 2008

Chris Lalancette wrote:
> Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> That being said, I think the minimal "delete logs every hour" should prevent the
> worst disasters for now, and we can visit this again in the future.

We also must move frequently written folders to tmpfs - livecd overlay is implemented using 512MB dm-snapshot which could fill up quickly.

For example, here's what livecd upstream has in its base kickstart:
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=livecd;a=commitdiff;h=c0f49393a954084e7a3bb9a6564096054aa6e49d

So 1st step is to let node run for a day, taking filesystem state (ls -lR or something more fancy?) periodically and analyze what and where is written.