[Ovirt-devel] the network model FREEIPA AND ovirt

Perry N. Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Fri Jun 27 11:38:53 UTC 2008

tach mourad wrote:
> he !!
>
> I want to understand the architecture of the network model FREEIPA AND
> ovirt
>
> thank you help me find this model schema information

I'm not completely sure of what you are asking for.  But here's a brief
description of how we use FreeIPA in oVirt.

Communications between the oVirt Server and the oVirt Managed Node are
secured using gssapi/kerberos and FreeIPA provides the infrastructure for
managing kerberos principals.  libvirt on each managed node is assigned a
service principal, and the WUI server itself is assigned a service
principal as well.

In addition to securing the link between the server and nodes, FreeIPA
also provides the security for accessing the oVirt web application.
Logging into the oVirt web interface requires you to kinit as a valid
user.  For this to work, Firefox must be configured properly to
participate in the kerberos domain.

Is that the information you were looking for?  Or something else?

Perry