[Ovirt-devel] Refactoring hosts table for updated CPU info

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Mon Jun 30 14:21:28 UTC 2008

In reviewing the CPU details that are being reported from the managed
node, I'd like to propose the following changes to accomodate the
enhanced details.

1. Since machines will have more than one CPU, and each CPU can have
different values that are to be reported, the CPU details for the host
will be moved to a separate table (cpu_details) and loaded with the host
as needed.

2. Currently the host screen shows the number of CPUs and the speed as a
single value. We could drop the the speed column and, if the user clicks
on the CPU count cell, drop down a set of rows that enumerate the CPUs
and their details.

3. The displayed list will give the enhanced set of CPU details being
reported during the identify phase.

Thoughts?

--
Darryl L. Pierce, Sr. Software Engineer