[Ovirt-devel] [Patch] move app root to /ovirt for ovirt-wui

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Mar 28 18:00:32 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 01:47:01PM -0400, Scott Seago wrote:
> This patch moves the app root to /ovirt for the ovirt wui, paving the
> way for ovirt and freeipa to live on the same box without having to use
> alternate ports.
>
> This is mostly a config change -- fixing the httpd proxy stuff to
> redirect to /ovirt, and telling mongrel to serve the app at /ovirt.
> There were a couple view changes to remove hard-coded URLs, and we have
> to hard-code the image/stylesheet paths in the error html pages.
>
> We are not, at this point, redirecting "/" to "/ovirt", but we may want
> to do that in some of the appliance install/setup scripts.

I'd just add a commented out rule to httpd.conf to illustrate it, eg

  # To make oVirt the default app on the website uncomment this line:
  #RewriteRule ^/$  /ovirt/

And enable this by default in our pre-built WUI appliance image.

Dan.
--
|: Red Hat, Engineering, Boston   -o-   http://people.redhat.com/berrange/ :|