[Ovirt-devel] unable to add hosts in web admin tool

Alan Pevec apevec at redhat.com
Mon Oct 13 07:55:23 UTC 2008

Justin Clacherty wrote:
> Yes, the managed host booted the oVirt-Node dist via PXE.  Both the
> managed host and the management host have 2 nics.  One nic is on the
> private management network (this is the network the managed host has
> booted from), the other nic is on my local network.

Please check the logs /var/log/ovirt* to find out what's going on

That parameter sets up local disk partition for persisted Node configuration, see http://ovirt.org/page/Local_Disk_Usage For simplicity try w/o it first.

>>> node too?  Once the node is booted, how do I add it in the oVirt web
>>> admin tool?  When I go to add a hos it doesn't appear in the list.

Nodes register themselves with the ovirt server on boot and show up automatically in WUI.
Check ovirt-host-browser service log.