[Ovirt-devel] FYI about the current ovirt-node

Chris Lalancette clalance at redhat.com
Tue Oct 28 15:51:28 UTC 2008

Perry asked me to point this out on the list, since I was doing some testing
today.  Currently, if you run a RHEL-3, RHEL-4, or RHEL-5 x86_64 guest on an F-9
based oVirt node on AMD hardware, they will very likely fail to boot with a
panic in setup_k7_watchdog (or thereabouts).  This arises because of a bug in
kvm in 2.6.26, which is the current version of the kernel in F-9.  The good news
is that the patch I submitted to fix this is already in 2.6.27 (and hence
rawhide), and this issue only affects AMD hardware at present.  Once F-9 rebases
to 2.6.27, we'll also automatically pick up the fix, but until then, just be
aware that this issue could affect you.

--
Chris Lalancette