[Ovirt-devel] Re: Default configuration for a new managed node...

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Wed Sep 3 14:14:32 UTC 2008

+++ Darryl L. Pierce [27/08/08 13:44 -0400]:
>> Hm, Alan is the expert here, but I thought we already did that.  There was
>> something like "defaultdb" or something that was set up for this, and it already
>> pulled the default configuration down.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you
>> mean, though.
>
> What we have now is a hardcoded configuration file that gets sent down to all
> managed nodes on startup. The new controller, though, is replacing having an
> actual file on disk that gets pulled: instead, it generates the configuration
> at request time.
>
> So I _could_ have the generator return that configuration if it's given a mac
> address that's not in the database. But I think we should be sure that's the
> right thing to do.

Here's a question that Alan can answer:

If a node has a NIC that's not in the database, then the configuration that's
returned will return nothing for deleting the files for that NIC in
/etc/sysconfig/networking-scripts. So, when networking is restarted, those
new NICs will come up with whatever local network configuration is present,
yes?

--
Darryl L. Pierce, Sr. Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. - http://www.redhat.com/