[Ovirt-devel] Re: NIC bonding and failover...

+++ Chris Lalancette [04/09/08 19:46 +0200]:
modprobe bond mode=# arp_ping=ip arp_interval=xxx

That's what I'm saying you have to expose; the ability to choose miimon
(probably the default), or arp_ping, or another method (there may be more, these
are just the two I know about).

Ah, okay, I see what you're saying. We could store with the bonding record
the arp ping and interval settings. If either is present, then we'd include
the appropriate argument in the modprobe line.

Would those to be advanced options? IOW, should they be present on the configuration screen or should they only show if the user selects to
configure advanced settings?

--
Darryl L. Pierce, Sr. Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. - http://www.redhat.com/