Re: [Ovirt-devel] Re: NIC bonding and failover...

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 07:46:13PM +0200, Chris Lalancette wrote:
> Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> > I'm in the not-an-expert camp as well. But, whe nyou say "expose which
> > method" what do you mean there? From my understanding, the way you would
> > configure bonding is to load the bonding module and specify which mode to use
> > there via "modprobe bonding mode=[#] miimon=[interval]". Is there some
.. snip ..
> modprobe bond mode=# arp_ping=ip arp_interval=xxx

You still need the steps to enslave a NIC to the bond, setting which type it is, etc.
What about a situation in which you want two types of bonds (ie, bond0 is fault tolerant,
while bond1 is the load balance one - you can't just say 'modprobe bond1 mode=3).

And then comes the monitoring part - are you going to send events if a slave goes
down?

I would be curious to know what you guys think is the right way to solve these problems?