Re: [Ovirt-devel] oVirt Source Repository Refactoring

I'm having some issues building after the refactoring, and I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction...

I am only interested in building the managed node pxe images, at this point.
As I understand this restructuring, this means I need the following repos to build:
ovirt-release
ovirt-node
ovirt-node-image

I should be able to do without the other subcomponents that I am not interested in, correct?

To build I execute make overriding the following environment variables:
FEDORA_URL                  Use a local yum mirror
OVIRT_CACHE_DIR Override location to make this behave as before, and put it in a
                                         local dir to the build area
SUBDIRS="node node-image" Only build what I care about.
OVIRT_BRANCH               build on the "next" branch

However, it would seem that something in the automake magic is picking up the SUBDIRS override, because it seems to be using it incorrectly when it tries to make the "node" dir. (see make output below)

Am I doing something wrong here? Is this a supported operation?

<build output>

[bguthro bguthro ovirt]$ ls
node  node-image  release
[bguthro bguthro ovirt]$ make FEDORA_URL=http://install/fedora/yum OVIRT_CACHE_DIR=/home/bguthro/dev/trivo/ovirt/ovirt-cache SUBDIRS="node node-image" -f release/ovirt.mk build
for dir in node node-image; do \
               if ! test -d $dir ; then \
                       make $dir || exit 1 ; \
               fi ; \
               ( cd $dir; test ! -f Makefile.in && ./autogen.sh ); \
               ( cd $dir; test ! -f Makefile && ./configure ); \
               make -C $dir publish || exit 1 ; \
       done
I am going to run ./configure with no arguments - if you wish
to pass any to it, please specify them on the ./autogen.sh command line.
configure.ac:3: installing `./install-sh'
configure.ac:3: installing `./missing'
ovirt-identify-node/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for DBUS... yes
checking for HAL... yes
checking for VIRT... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating ovirt-identify-node/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bguthro/dev/trivo/ovirt/node'
{ test ! -d ovirt-node-0.92 || { find ovirt-node-0.92 -type d ! -perm -200 -exec chmod u+w {} ';' && rm -fr ovirt-node-0.92; }; }
test -d ovirt-node-0.92 || mkdir ovirt-node-0.92
list='node node-image'; for subdir in $list; do \
         if test "$subdir" = .; then :; else \
           test -d "ovirt-node-0.92/$subdir" \
           || /bin/mkdir -p "ovirt-node-0.92/$subdir" \
           || exit 1; \
distdir=`CDPATH="${ZSH_VERSION+.}:" && cd ovirt-node-0.92 && pwd`; \ top_distdir=`CDPATH="${ZSH_VERSION+.}:" && cd ovirt-node-0.92 && pwd`; \
           (cd $subdir && \
             make  \
               top_distdir="$top_distdir" \
               distdir="$distdir/$subdir" \
               am__remove_distdir=: \
               am__skip_length_check=: \
               distdir) \
             || exit 1; \
         fi; \
       done
/bin/sh: line 7: cd: node: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [distdir] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bguthro/dev/trivo/ovirt/node'
make: *** [publish] Error 1

</build output>