Re: [Ovirt-devel] root access required?

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 01:19:44PM -0400, David Lively wrote:
> I've always been a big fan of Debian's 'fakeroot' for making archives
> whose files have root ownership (without actually boosting the invoking
> users privileges -- so not a security hole).  And now 'fakeroot' is
> available for Fedora (9, at least) via the official yum repos.

One cool thing about fakeroot for those not familiar with it, is that
it doesn't just fake root operations, eg. chowning a file, but it also
remembers the faked state of file ownership/permissions etc.

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 68 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)