Re: [Ovirt-devel] root access required?

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 17:08:16 +0100
"Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange redhat com> wrote:

> I'd recommend doing the builds inside a virtual machine to protect your
> real host from accidental/delibrate damage

The last place I worked the build booted a VM and did all it's work in that.  However, I was very happy to have builds just run as root on the host because it's WAY easier to work on and deal with issues.  I'm guessing that you're just suggesting that those with concerns make a VM to do the build in, which is good, but I'd rather not move towards having a VM needed for building.

	Ian