Re: [Ovirt-devel] 0.93-1 oVirt Release

S.Sakamoto wrote:
Hi,

* oVirt Appliance manages VMs directly on the host it is running on.
What does this mean for details ? Please tell more information.
I got below from this sentence.

Until 0.92, oVirt doesn't show whether on which host(managed node) a VM is running.
But from this version(0.93-1), oVirt shows it.

Right ?

No, this is something different. We still need to add to the UI the ability for administrators to see which Node a given VM is running on. We also need to implement in the UI the ability to list all VMs running on a given Node. This is still in development. Of course, if you have the time and development skills to implement this, patches are always welcome.

What that bullet item is referring to is the following...

The Host that runs the oVirt Appliance can now be configured to look like a Node. You can manage VMs directly on the appliance host, instead of needing to run the 'fake Nodes' in previous releases. This new functionality removes the need for fake nodes.

Does that answer your question?

Thanks,