[Ovirt-devel] Get rid of dns requirements

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Thu Apr 9 16:33:04 UTC 2009

I'm working on the cumulus install and the dns requirements are a bit
silly.  I'm going to keep emailing the list with steps I think we should
take to simplify the cumulus cloud.  Right now it is huge, has tons of
requirements (I know some of these will go away as kerberos goes away), and
tons of moving parts.

So my first suggestion, get rid of the dns requirements.  My team right now
has a ton of turnover, and as I recall correctly the last large company I
worked for had lots of turnover as well meaning simplicity is highly
valued.

So what do I suggest?  non-fqdn searches like how puppet is initially
setup.  When you run puppet for the first time it auto contacts
'puppet'.searchdomain.  This is simple, predictable and can be explained
to a junior admin in about 15 seconds.

	-Mike